Melchsee-Frutt

5.10.23

We have slowly been checking out our surrounding mountain playground, and there is no end in sight. Switzerland has more than 1500 lakes for us to check out, the hikes are endless, and I feel like the sun just keeps on shining. So, the list is long.


We spent a day at Melchsee-Frutt, which was a nice little surprise. We drove all the way to the top of the ski resort and were greeted by a perfect alpine plateau and all the warm fall colors. Going there on a weekday was the trick. Switzerland can be overcrowded with tourists, so finding little ways to escape is always the goal. And I felt like we had the place to ourselves.


We also had a very memorable moment up there. I went to pay for parking and saw B walking towards me with his phone. On that Thursday afternoon at this ski resort somewhere in the Swiss Alps, we found out I was getting my visa. The nightmare that had started on July 28th was fading away. I was allowed to live here now. I would finally be able to continue my residency. 











@dunjj