Europark

18.7.10
I haven't had a chance to tell you about our lovely adventures at Europark last weekend. It is a theme park located in Schwarzwald, which is about two to three hours away from Heidelberg. We started the journey nice and early, meeting at the train station at 5:45 am. The ticket machine was broken, so we ended up missing our first train. By the time we caught the next one the crowds had started. On one of the trains we didn't have anywhere to sit, so we sat on the stairs and floor for 45 minutes. We got there a little before ten, which wasn't too bad. The morning was great, but then the heat started kicking in. When you are waiting in lines for an hour at a time, especially in the sun, the fun dies.
The park is arranged into countries, and every country has it's own charm and rides. You really feel like you are in that part of Europe. The highest roller coaster in Europe is at this park, and we happened to go on it first. I thought I was going to die, but it was actually amazing. It goes up a nice 239 feet! It is preparing me for sky diving! I had a burrito for lunch, it doesn't even compare to american mexican food, I thought it kind of tasted like spaghetti bolognese. After riding all the amazing roller coasters, better then any I have ever been on, we headed to the bus. The bus is only a shuttle that is supposed to take you to the train station. Sitting on that bus, was probably the worst experience of my life. I don't think I have ever been in a hotter environment. To top it off, they wouldn't leave the park until the bus was filled to the max. Our train from the park ended up being late, which made us miss the next two trains, we actually ended up coming back to Heidelberg after ten. We were all dirty, sweaty, and miserable, but I think it was all worth it. It was an amazing day trip with the girls.




@dunjj